#BookTok Project at Shepshed Library
It’s great that you’re interested in our exciting new #BookTok project at Shepshed library!
Is this you?
- Aged 13 – 18 and a pupil at Iveshead School
- Interested in reading books and reviewing them in video format
- Have your own mobile phone
- Have your own TikTok and/or Instagram account
- Interested in learning how to record your own Booktoks and upload to TikTok/Instagram
- Confident and happy to share your views and take part in the creation of #Booktok content
- Available to join us for all five workshops at Shepshed library, every Wednesday from 17th January – 14th February, at 3.30-5.00pm
Come along and…
- Take part in engaging workshops delivered by Shay of the Underground Creatives. He has a fantastic track record of engaging young people in art, music, film, drama, or beat-boxing to name but a few…check out his website for yourself: https://www.undergroundcreatives.co.uk
- Get inspiration and ideas on how to make your #Booktoks stand out from the crowd!
- Help create a promotional #Booktok video for our Library service, with the aim to encourage other young people to read and take part in a social media campaign
- Explore the libraries’ range of fantastic books and chat about your favourite authors and stories! Take part in a mini-consultation and be in with a chance of winning a polaroid camera.
Want to join us?
- Please let Mr Wood know by Monday 4th of December 2023
Information for Parents/Guardians:
- You can see examples of Booktoks by logging on to: https://www.tiktok.com/tag/BookTok
- Catherine Overton, Community Participation Worker for Culture Leicestershire will also be at every session and is working in partnership with Iveshead School for this project
- We will require a permission form to be filled out, which we will send out to you before the project begins
- Pizza will be provided at the first session. Please notify us of any allergies.
Further Queries or Questions?
Feel free to contact Catherine Overton, Community Participation Worker on: 0116 3052507 Email: email@example.com
Culture Leicestershire: www.cultureleicestershire.co.uk